The Only Constant In Life

In every country, every state, every city, every street, every house, there is a story. Each person experiences each day differently. No two people go through the same emotions, path, and more each day. Despite our differences in how we go through the day, our constant that will bind us together, no matter what, is change. Nothing in life stays constant forever, but change is, well, always changing.

Think about where you were at this time last year. Health-wise, who you hung out with, your dreams and aspirations and everything in between. Are you shocked by the differences? At the time, you think everything is going to stuck in your version of glorious bliss forever. Little do we know that in 3 hours, 3 minutes, or even 3 seconds, nothing will never be the same. That's where we get the saying, "Cherish every moment because you will never get the same moment twice." Change doesn't always have to be the dreadful occurrence that you know is inevitable. Good changes as gaining a new friend that you've known for a while or going somewhere new on vacation can bring up more adrenaline and excitement than apprehension and fear of what's going to come.

As life turns, revolves, and changes around us, lots of people tend to ignore the differences from what things were to what they are now. I, myself, previously had a lack for this ignorance. When things happened too fast or even when I had time to process over it, it threw my mental mindset off. Over the past 3 years, more than ever, change has tested my mental capabilities. Transitioning from middle school to high school, recovering from my back surgery, the deaths of some family members, and friends/family moving away are just a few obstacles thrown in my path. I suppose that I got too comfortable to realize that things just shift instantly. During these times though, I've been fortunate enough to call on friends that can help talk me through these situations and who will help and support me. I can recall my memories and spend time with my family and say to myself, "They are going through the same emotions as I am." When I was able to recognize some constant factors that I could rely on for comfort during these hard times, it made the change a little easier for me to transition into. I'm still trying to adjust my adaptability to these situations, but I can guarantee that the strength I'm gaining from it has made me grow and mold into a different person.

Change is going to happen in life, no matter how hard you will try to stop it. In the blink of an eye, things will never be the same again, but we don't have to be scared of what will happen. In fact, learning to embrace change and adapting ourselves to be better suited for what's to come will reduce the uneasy feelings that comes with change. Whether your view on it is good or bad, it's the one constant factor that unites us all. 

Signed, 
Midwestern Redhead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does social media tend to isolate people?

The best music comes in the 'After Hours'

Book Review: The Five People you meet in Heaven/The Next Person you meet in Heaven