Is there too much "pressure" for girls to have the perfect body?
I'll start out by telling you a little fact about me: I'm not the skinniest girl in school. I'm not overweight either. I'm just stuck in the in-between stage. I feel though that even when I try to be myself, guys just won't like me. After my back surgery, I started to feel more confident in my body, so instead of looking in the mirror and thinking that I'm fat, I feel beautiful in my own skin. While I have good self esteem for how I look, let's discuss the question: Is there too much "pressure" for girls to have the perfect body?
Everywhere in the media, models or actors, girls (and some guys) see these perfect images of slim, fit people who look so pretty or attractive and the whole time, people think, I wish I could have that because a lot of the world isn't content with what they already have. We need more actors, singers, and models to discuss body positivity to show everyone that they can be loved. Most of the time in these commercials, the couple shown are also thin as well. Pairing a couple with different body shapes and sizes would be great for everyone to see to say that You don't need to be skinny to be loved.
I think that it is personally disgusting that some girls as young as 6 or 7 are either starving themselves or have some sort of eating disorder to make themselves thin. You are just perfect the way you are. Beauty pageants are another hell hole that girls fall into. It's a huge banner that reads If you aren't skinny or pretty, you aren't accepted. Self esteem is especially shot. Girls aren't positive about their body. You only have one, so treat yourself the the queen warrior that you are.
One of my role models is Ashley Graham, a plus size model who supports body positivity. She is gorgeous and even when a barbie doll was made in her honor, she made sure that the thighs are touching to represent plus size girls. I'm positive about my body and I believe that you should too. So, what do you think? Is there too much "Pressure" for girls to have the perfect body?
Everywhere in the media, models or actors, girls (and some guys) see these perfect images of slim, fit people who look so pretty or attractive and the whole time, people think, I wish I could have that because a lot of the world isn't content with what they already have. We need more actors, singers, and models to discuss body positivity to show everyone that they can be loved. Most of the time in these commercials, the couple shown are also thin as well. Pairing a couple with different body shapes and sizes would be great for everyone to see to say that You don't need to be skinny to be loved.
I think that it is personally disgusting that some girls as young as 6 or 7 are either starving themselves or have some sort of eating disorder to make themselves thin. You are just perfect the way you are. Beauty pageants are another hell hole that girls fall into. It's a huge banner that reads If you aren't skinny or pretty, you aren't accepted. Self esteem is especially shot. Girls aren't positive about their body. You only have one, so treat yourself the the queen warrior that you are.
One of my role models is Ashley Graham, a plus size model who supports body positivity. She is gorgeous and even when a barbie doll was made in her honor, she made sure that the thighs are touching to represent plus size girls. I'm positive about my body and I believe that you should too. So, what do you think? Is there too much "Pressure" for girls to have the perfect body?
Signed,
Midwestern Redhead
Comments
Post a Comment