Gun laws
It's been almost 2 weeks since that horrible school shooting in Florida. All I can say is that I'm sorry to all those families who lost children in these horrific events of the shooting, and to our government: what the actual hell?
People keep pushing off the need to enforce stricter gun laws, but when are they going to take action for the responsibilities of keeping our country safe? Do you think, President Trump, that just because you tweeted out " Sorry to the families who lost children" that it's going to bring their child back? No, it won't! Instead of saying you will prevent these attacks, TAKE ACTION! School shootings have been going on for far too long and our country is becoming way to used to seeing these in the news and media alike. Allow me to introduce the cycle that our country has become adapted to, that needs to change.
1. School shooting happens.
2. Our politicians apologize and the families and friends mourn their losses.
3. Repeat step 2 for 2 or 3 weeks.
4. Everyone forgets about what happens and waits until the next shooting.
5.Repeat.
THIS PROCESS HAS TO STOP!!! The idea that Trump has for making sure that teachers are armed in the classroom has totally pushed away the thought of making school "a safe and secure place to learn". Stricter gun laws have to be enforced sooner rather than later. A few days ago, our principal sent out an email to students and teachers that told us about a photo that had circulated about someone saying they were going to shoot up a school. Fortunately, it was what the teenager had sent out and to tell citizens about "If you see something suspicious, report it immediately." For a few split seconds, I was terrified. I've always thought that school was a safe place, but now I'm still a little iffy about heading to school and I'm positive other parents feel the same way about it. In conclusion, our government needs to get a grip on gun laws, ( I'M LOOKING AT YOU NRA!) To the families that lost children whether in this school shooting or in the past, I'm sorry, and just like you, I'm hoping that our country gains our safety and security once more to prevent others from experiencing this same loss.
People keep pushing off the need to enforce stricter gun laws, but when are they going to take action for the responsibilities of keeping our country safe? Do you think, President Trump, that just because you tweeted out " Sorry to the families who lost children" that it's going to bring their child back? No, it won't! Instead of saying you will prevent these attacks, TAKE ACTION! School shootings have been going on for far too long and our country is becoming way to used to seeing these in the news and media alike. Allow me to introduce the cycle that our country has become adapted to, that needs to change.
1. School shooting happens.
2. Our politicians apologize and the families and friends mourn their losses.
3. Repeat step 2 for 2 or 3 weeks.
4. Everyone forgets about what happens and waits until the next shooting.
5.Repeat.
THIS PROCESS HAS TO STOP!!! The idea that Trump has for making sure that teachers are armed in the classroom has totally pushed away the thought of making school "a safe and secure place to learn". Stricter gun laws have to be enforced sooner rather than later. A few days ago, our principal sent out an email to students and teachers that told us about a photo that had circulated about someone saying they were going to shoot up a school. Fortunately, it was what the teenager had sent out and to tell citizens about "If you see something suspicious, report it immediately." For a few split seconds, I was terrified. I've always thought that school was a safe place, but now I'm still a little iffy about heading to school and I'm positive other parents feel the same way about it. In conclusion, our government needs to get a grip on gun laws, ( I'M LOOKING AT YOU NRA!) To the families that lost children whether in this school shooting or in the past, I'm sorry, and just like you, I'm hoping that our country gains our safety and security once more to prevent others from experiencing this same loss.
Signed,
Midwestern Redhead
Comments
Post a Comment