Book Review: If There's No Tomorrow
It had been another boring morning at school. When English had finally arrived and we had to go to the library to listen to the librarian talk about books, I was slightly excited, but mostly dreading it since usually she talked about books that never sounded interesting to me at all. When she mentioned this book, as soon as she finished her book talk, I went up and grabbed it.
If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout is about a girl named Lena, an optimistic high school senior who is always looking forward to tomorrow. This year, it's going to be a big one filled with friendship, college applications, and letting her best guy friend know that she loves him. One little mistake happens and suddenly, tomorrow isn't something Lena is looking forward to. With her guilt growing every day, will she be able to find happiness? I instantly fell in love with it.
I don't think I've ever read a book where the main character was so relatable. Lena has a room full of books because she loves to read and escape reality, spend money that should be going into her savings account on books, says things in her head but not out loud, and mostly reads romance books because sometimes "happily ever afters only happen in books." Her friends, Sebastian, Megan, Abbi, and Dary, are so easy to relate to your own friend group.
This book is the perfect length with only 376 pages. I couldn't put this book down at all. It's mostly a romance with tasteful hints of drama. Maturity level really depends. Some swearing sprinkled throughout the book and some really hard topics to deal with is what you should look out for (can't say because that would be spoilers!) It had a really good flow and it was easy to follow the whole story line. The lesson I've learned from this book is that you should be grateful for everyday that you live and if things don't go right, there's always tomorrow to look forward to. Since it's very well written, I would definitely read this book again.
If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout is about a girl named Lena, an optimistic high school senior who is always looking forward to tomorrow. This year, it's going to be a big one filled with friendship, college applications, and letting her best guy friend know that she loves him. One little mistake happens and suddenly, tomorrow isn't something Lena is looking forward to. With her guilt growing every day, will she be able to find happiness? I instantly fell in love with it.
I don't think I've ever read a book where the main character was so relatable. Lena has a room full of books because she loves to read and escape reality, spend money that should be going into her savings account on books, says things in her head but not out loud, and mostly reads romance books because sometimes "happily ever afters only happen in books." Her friends, Sebastian, Megan, Abbi, and Dary, are so easy to relate to your own friend group.
This book is the perfect length with only 376 pages. I couldn't put this book down at all. It's mostly a romance with tasteful hints of drama. Maturity level really depends. Some swearing sprinkled throughout the book and some really hard topics to deal with is what you should look out for (can't say because that would be spoilers!) It had a really good flow and it was easy to follow the whole story line. The lesson I've learned from this book is that you should be grateful for everyday that you live and if things don't go right, there's always tomorrow to look forward to. Since it's very well written, I would definitely read this book again.
Signed,
Midwestern Redhead
Comments
Post a Comment